Saturday, July 18, 2009

If your job is making you sick it is time to rethink what your life is about. Even in interesting times there are options. Even when it seems that there is no way for you to improve your life, there are options.

Start by remembering that we always can choose how we interpret or respond to an event. Security comes from the inside, from the way we approach a problem, not from a pay check. Yes, we need to have enough to pay bills and live, but we can choose how we respond to the situation and that is our inner security.

When I am upset at work I remind myself that my job is really to come in, focus on my work, smile, be nice, and then to go home to my real life. When work consumes me it means that I have walked away from my real life, my inner spiritual life.

When I remember that my emotions are there to guide me and that my life is about my choices, I am able to pirate my life well.

No comments: